We are dedicated only to Libby's® Pumpkin Pie
This is the right place for How To make the best homemade Libby's Pumpkin pie that you have ever tasted.
Canned pumpkin ranking:
First Place is One-Pie canned pumpkin.
- First Place in Taste – One-Pie version is a”creamy” texture with a“mild sweetness”. The puree is wetter and not as “pumpkin-ee”.
- Second Place almost tied for first place is Libby’s canned pumpkin. Taste – Libby’s is a denser “texture” and “sharper” pumpkin flavor. The puree consistency is good and dryer which is probably why the pumpkin taste is stronger.
A little story about Libby's:
90% of the pumpkins grown in the United States are farmed within a 80 mile radius of Peoria, Illinois. The town of Morton, close to Peoria, is claimed to be the Pumpkin Capital of the World.
Libby's in Illinois - owned by Nestle Food
Libby´s pumpkin processing plant is located in Morton, Illinois. Nestle Food, a Switzerland company, owns Libby´s. Libby contracts with private farmers and supply the proprietary seed and the equipment to grow their patented pumpkins. About 5,000 acres of the farm land is devoted to producing the Dickinson pumpkins for Libby.
Libby's uses Select Dickinson Pumpkins
Libby´s Select Dickinson Pumpkins are a special strain of Pie Pumpkin used by Libby´s (a division of Carnation Company) for their canned pumpkin. These pumpkins are larger than your normal pie pumpkins. Pie Pumpkins weigh about 5 pounds. The Dickinson’s weigh 10 to 14 pounds, are oblong and tanned in color. They have a much thicker orange flesh and less open space in the center.
Libby's pumpkins are sweeter and creamy
The Dickinson pumpkins are smaller, squatter, meatier, heavier and sweeter than the Halloween pumpkin. It has a creamy texture and fresh pure pumpkin flavor.
Libby's processes 500,000 pumpkins a day
During the harvest, the factory can process 500,000 pumpkins a day into cans.
Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Original Recipe from 1950
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||55 minutes|
|Total time||1 hours, 10 minutes|
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk (12 fl oz)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell ((4-cup volume))
This is the traditional LIBBY'S® pumpkin pie recipe for a single pie. This classic recipe has been on LIBBY'S® Pumpkin canned puree labels since 1950.
This pie is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. Just mix, pour, bake for a delicious homemade tradition.